LM35DZ Temperature Sensor
- LM35DZ/LM35 is a temperature measuring device having an analog output voltage proportional to the temperature.
- The LM35DZ sensor is presented with several types of encapsulations, the most common being the TO-92, which looks more like a transistor, and offers a great cost-benefit ratio, being the cheapest of the models and providing the same precision of the others.
- It provides output voltage in Centigrade (Celsius). It does not require any external calibration circuitry.
- The sensitivity of LM35 is 10 mV/degree Celsius. As temperature increases, output voltage also increases.
E.g. 250 mV means 25°C.
- It is a 3-terminal sensor used to measure surrounding temperature ranging from -55 °C to 150 °C.
- LM35 gives temperature output which is more precise than thermistor output.
VCC: Supply Voltage (4V – 30V)
Out: It gives analog output voltage which is proportional to the temperature (in degree Celsius).
Some key parameters of the LM35DZ/LM35:
Main features of LM35 sensor
+ Input voltage from 4V to 30V
+ Output voltage resolution is 10mV / oC
+ High accuracy at 25 C is 0.5 C
+ Low output impedance 0.1 for 1mA load
The measured temperature range of the LM35 is from -55 C to 150 C with different output voltages. Consider the following voltage levels:
– Temperature -55 C output voltage -550mV
– Temperature 25 C output voltage 250mV
– Temperature 150 C output voltage 1500mV