DS3231 is a low-cost and extremely accurate I2C real-time clock, with an integrated crystal and temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO). DS3231 can be operated using supply voltages ranging from 2.3V to 5.5V and it also features battery backup capabilities. The DS3231 features an integrated crystal, 2 programmable time-of-day alarms, a temperature sensor, and a 32.768 kHz signal output pin. The AT24C32 32KB EEPROM can be used to add non-volatile data storage to your electronic projects and prototypes. The module also features a battery holder, allowing you to add a backup battery to ensure continuous operation after power cut-off. When the main power re-power or voltage value returns to within the allowable range, the on-chip reset function can be used to restart the system microprocessor.
- Standard 2.54mm pins pitch for input and output connections.
- Two programmable square-wave outputs.
- Backup battery socket compatible with CR2032 3V Lithium batteries.
- Clock accuracy: ±2ppm.
- RTC counts seconds, minutes, hours, and year
- Accuracy: +2ppm to -2ppm for 0ºC to +40ºC , +3.5ppm to -3.5ppm for -40ºC to +85ºC
- Digital temperature sensor with ±3ºC accuracy
- 32KB EEPROM Memory chip: AT24C32.
- I2C bus interfaces maximum speed: 400kHz.
- Operating voltage :3.3 - 5 .5 V
- Clock chip: high-precision clock chip DS3231
- Clock Accuracy :0-40 ° range, the accuracy 2ppm, the error was about 1 minute
- Low power consumption
- Automatic power failure battery switch circuitry
- Potable size
- Size: 38mm (length) * 22mm (W) * 14mm (height)
Wiring instructions (for Arduino Uno r3 for example):
SCL → A5
SDA → A4
VCC → 5V
GND → GND
1x Real Time Clock DS3231 + AT24C32 EEPROM module