Analog joystick-like devices used for example Controllers PlayStation second detection directions of traffic is carried by two potentiometers – one (4.7 k Ω ) on each axle. The device also has a button activated by pressing the knob . To operate the device, all you need is a microcontroller with an analog-to-digital converter (analog input in Arduino ). The location information of the knob is transmitted through an analog signal, in which the voltage corresponds to the given position. Each axis has a separate analogue output. The state of the button is detected by a digital output which, when switched on, becomes low.
- Input voltage range: DC 3.3V to 5V
- Output signal: the module has two-way analog output and a digital output interface, the output value corresponding to (X, Y) bi-axial offset, the type of analog; keys that the user press, the Z axis is a push switch read as digital input.
- Arduino controller can be programmed, the sensor expansion board plug, complete with creative remote interactive works.
- Cross joystick is a bi-directional 10K resistor, with the rocker in different directions, the resistance should be changed by moving the lever. This module uses 5V power supply, the original state of X, Y read voltage of 2.5V or so, when pressed with the arrow direction, the read voltage value increases with the maximum to 5V, voltage decreases while move lever in opposite direction, The minimum is 0V.
You have to use 2 analog inputs of MCU to read (X Y) the analog output of this module, the switch is a button which you may use with a digital input pin of your Micro Controller eg. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, NodeMCU, ESP32, ARM AVR development boards.
- Two independent Potentiometer: one for each axis ( X and Y)
- Auto return to center position
- Low weight
- Cup-type Knob
- Compatible to interface with Arduino or with most microcontroller
- Easy breadboard connection
- Two independent 10K potentiometers with common ground
- Spring auto-return to center
- Comfortable cup-type knob
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Internal Potentiometer value: 10k
- 54mm pin interface leads
- Dimensions: 1.57 in x 1.02 in x 1.26 in (4.0 cm x 2.6 cm x 3.2 cm)
- Operating temperature: 0 to 70 °C
- Weight (kg): 0.015
Using the joystick connection plate, it boils down to connecting the following pins:
- VCC– Supply voltage (5 V).
- GND– System weight ground.
- VRx – Analog output for the vertical axis (in the middle position, the value equal to half the voltage supply VCC / 2).
- VRy – Analog output for the horizontal axis (in the middle position, the value equal to half the voltage supply VCC / 2).
- SW – The digital signal of the button, when switched on, reaches the GND value, switched off – it is in the floating position – so you should add the pull-up resistor to the power supply
1 x Joystick Module PS2 (Dual-axis XY) Joystick Control Lever Sensor
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual products.