The L293D Motor Shield for Arduino is a great and quick way to control DC motors, servos, or even stepper motors. It has the capability of controlling up to 2 stepper motors, and 4 DC motors. and 2 servos. L293D is a monolithic integrated, high voltage, high current, 4-channel driver. Basically, this means using this chip you can use DC motors and power supplies of up to 36 Volts, that’s some pretty big motors and the chip can supply a maximum current of 600mA per channel, the L293D chip is also what’s known as a type of H-Bridge. The H-Bridge is typically an electrical circuit that enables a voltage to be applied across a load in either direction to an output, e.g. motor.
- Four H-Bridges: Two L293D Motor driver chips
- L293D is rated at 0.6A per bridge (1.2A peak) with thermal shutdown protection and internal kickback protection diodes.
- Motor Voltages from 4.5VDC to 16VDC. (up to 36V if C6 and C7 are upgraded)
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection (256 speeds)
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar)
- Pull-down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up
- Separate Logic and Motor power connections
- Terminal block connectors for motors and power
- 2 Interface for 5V servo connection to the high-resolution dedicated timer – no jitter!
1x Motor Shield L293D 4DC/2-Step motors for Arduino
Note: Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual products.