The Current Sensor ACS712 (20A) module provides economical and precise solutions for AC or DC current sensing in industrial, commercial, and communications systems.
Typical applications include motor control, load detection and management, switched-mode power supplies, and overcurrent fault protection. This module utilizes the ACS712 hall -Effect Based linear current sensor to measure current using the hall Effect principle.
ACS712 Current sensor can measure current AC or DC current ranging from +20A to -20A. This module outputs Analog voltage(0-5V) based on the current flowing through the wire: hence it is very easy to interface this module with any microcontroller.
Note: When there is no current passing through this module, the output voltage would be at a center voltage of 2.5V.
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Sensing Current: 20A
- Intrusive Current Sensing Method
- Output Voltage: 0-5V
- Sensor IC: Allegro ACS712ELC-xxB-T
- Internal conductor resistance: 1.2 mΩ
- Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Output Signal: Analog
- Output Voltage Proportional to AC or DC Currents
- Extremely Stable Output Offset Voltage
- Nearly Zero Magnetic Hysteresis
- Dimension: 32x14x10mm
- VCC - connect to a 5V power source
- OUT - connect to the analog input pin
- GND - connect to the ground pin of system
- ID+ - current pin in, the positive terminal of the load power source
- ID- - current pinout, the positive terminal of the load
1x Current Sensor ACS712 (20A)